OBM are actively recruiting for an exciting opportunity as an Trainee UHP Jetting Operative for our client who are a leading service company within the Oil & Energy Industry.
Reporting to the Operations Team Leader, the primary purpose of this role is to safely dismantle and clean contaminated equipment in line with relevant legislation, Company procedures and manufacturer’s guidelines.
Applications are invited from candidates who are motivated to develop a career within the field of NORM and who can clearly demonstrate the drive and commitment to undertake in-role training.
Key role responsibilities include:
* Ultra High Pressure Jetting of offshore equipment up to 40,000 psi and operating the automated tubular porcess.
* Forklift operations: loading, unloading, and transferring equipment, as set out in legislative and Company policy.
* Stripping down and size reduction duties, including valves and other oil and gas equipment.
* Maintaining an accurate, auditable record of activities, both documented and computerised.
* Equipment Checks and maintenance to ensure fully functional and safe to operate.
* Participating in the continuous improvement of customer service, processes, and cost effectiveness.
* Continuously promoting a pro-active HSSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance.
* Proactively assisting colleagues and undertaking adhoc duties as required, including unloading equipment from containers, conducting preventative maintenance, daily equipment checks, etc.
* Radiation Protection Supervisor duties onshore & offshore.
Minimum Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours)
* Mobility to travel to various onshore and offshore locations.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and in writing.
* Numeric and computer literate across the Microsoft Suite.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent planning & organising skills.
* Ability to work stand-alone while a positive contributor to the wider team.
* Accustomed to working effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing workloads and priorities, where high standards are not compromised under pressure.
* Counterbalance Forklift (15+ Tonnes)
* Multi-directional Forklift (5 Tonnes)
* UHP Water Jetting Certification * Abrasive Wheels / HAV Certification/Hott Cutting Certificate
* Minimum Industry Safety Training Standard (MIST)
* Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
* Benzene Awareness/Mercury Awareness/ Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) trained
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.