Our client a leading Oil and Gas operator based in Aberdeen are currently looking for a Technical Author to join their team on a contract basis initially. Ideally they are looking for candidate with good experience in this field and a background in Oil and Gas. For further information see below:
There is an immediate requirement for a Technical Author for a period of 11 months. The Technical Author will provide expertise and guidance on how to write, change and deliver procedures to meet company standards and will be the author for complex procedures. Also, the Technical Author will assist with the coordination of the Documents and Records Team to develop and deliver optimised procedures and processes for all the stages of a document’s lifecycle. Candidates must hold Advanced Word skills, have strong technical writing, formatting and editing skills and be able to advise and train the business on document writing.
• Technical author for complex procedures, providing users with clear instructions and guidance on how to write, change and deliver procedures to meet the Company standards.
• Assist functions/sites to move towards compliance with Company IMS (Information Management System) in regard to controlled documentation within their remit.
• Provide a technical writing, editorial and proofreading service to the business as required.
• Work with document authors (technical subject matter experts) and existing Technical Author in a collaborative, positive manner to ensure conformity to required presentation formats, company document management procedures and document structure in respect of content.
• Manage an extensive and varied workload to meet deadlines and required quality standards, including allocating work to external service providers if required.
• Engage with and train users in controlled documentation procedure compliance, uploading/updating/removing documents from the SharePoint portal and providing assistance in a troubleshooting capacity as required.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Degree level education or equivalent experience
Professional Skills & Experience
• Minimum 7 years working experience in a similarly varied role
• Demonstrable experience in managing/coordinating improvement projects and developing new processes
• Strong technical writing and editorial skills including accurate and fast typing skills (70+ wpm)
• Excellent document presentation and grammar skills
• Strong IT Skills, Advanced Word and proficient in Microsoft and other relevant software packages
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• Excellent organisation and communication skills
• Strong internal/external customer focus
• Able to prioritise and work to agreed deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.