Search Construction & Property have an excellent opportunity available for a Site Manager to join a major construction firm operating in Aberdeen and the North East of Scotland.
To supervise all site personnel and make day-to-day decisions relating to site operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Ensuring health and safety standards and regulations are complied with, implementing improvements as required.
* Ensure Site Inductions are implemented and all properly recorded and filed.
* Make fundamental decisions regarding operations on site to ensure works are coordinated and efficient.
* Liaise with architects and engineers regarding drawings and specifications and ensure all are kept up-to-date and in good order.
* Efficiently supervising employees and allocating work on a daily basis.
* Efficiently supervising/ensuring the supervision of all non-employees on site – including sub contractors, agency workers, work experience placements, clients, visitors.
* Manage sub contractor call-offs of labour requirements to meet programme demands as well as coordinate any internal requirements for labour, also ensure resources are tracked to ensure labour demands are being met.
* Diaries- ensure site diaries are kept up to date daily, recording all requested information.
* Identify training and development needs of employees.
* Liaising with Training Manager/Department regarding training requirements.
* To guarantee and manage quality of work produced and to implement company QA procedures to manage the process.
* Monitor Contract programmes to ensure key dates are met, as well as implementing 2-4 week look-ahead programmes to control the works.
* Ensuring that all materials required are available on site timeously.
* Provide a material take-off in order to quantify materials timeously.
* Produce information required lists / TQs’ to ensure information is timeously concluded ahead of site teams commencing work packages.
* Produce a ‘snag’ list prior to completion of project and ensure the issues are concluded timeously in line with programme deadlines.
* Completion of appropriate allocation and day work sheets ensuring, if need be, these are challenged before signing.
* Ensure any client dayworks are written out timeously.
* Ensure compliance with the requirements of the SMSTS provisions.
* Ensure compliance with the Company Management Systems and requirements of the relevant industry standards.
* Any other tasks/duties that may be reasonably requested by management.
* CITB SMSTS site supervisor certificate
* CSCS Card
* Drivers licence
* First Aid
* Sufficient knowledge and experience of managing the construction of multi-disciplinary highly serviced buildings to demonstrate full competency in site management of such projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade, guide and motivate others.
* Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
* Computer Literacy – including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
A competitive salary/package is on offer, which is negotiable depending on experience.
Salary £50,00 – £55,000
Car or car allowance
Excellent pension scheme
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.