The client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Subsea Engineer, based in Aberdeen. This is a project position and the duration of the project is expected to be 2 years.
* Participate in the Project Weekly Management and Subsea Meetings.
* Ensure employees and contracted staff from the EPSCC team are properly supervised and have been instructed and trained in the specific site regulations, the relevant systems of work and the actions required in the event of an emergency.
* Ensure that everyone working within the EPSCC Team (staff and contractors) understand and comply with Company health, safety and environment policies.
* Provide safety leadership to the EPSCC team.
* Encourage, by example, all team members to accept personal responsibility and accountability for actions.
* Perform duties in accordance with safety requirements and the MAESTRO rules.
* Ensure safe working practices are carried out within the construction activities, to minimise LTIs, incidents, dangerous occurrences and other safety items.
* Report to project SURF Package Lead and inform of any potential problems in a pro-active manner.
* Build strong relationships with WoS Asset Management, Drilling and WoS Field Operations teams so as to ensure strong lines of communication are maintained at all times.
* Provides assistance as required in the process of communicating with any third parties.
* Develop effective and constructive relationships with EPSCC Contractor representative(s) in a manner that enables a high level of value to be obtained for the company.
* Positively represent the Company at EPSCC Contractor’s premises and construction sites and offshore on EPSCC Contractor vessels.
* Act as Company Representative towards EPSCC Contractor.
* Monitor EPSCC Contractor’s achievements in accordance with contractual requirements, especially in the area of safety and technical expertise to ensure all Company standards are met.
* Safely deliver the EPSCC facilities and offshore installations on time and within budget.
* Accept delegation of authority from the project SURF Package Lead for the management of the EPSCC contract.
* Monitor EPSCC Contractor achievements and negotiate Change Order Requests, TQs and deviation requests.
* Manage the day-to-day activities at the offices of the EPSCC Contractor.
* Organize with EPSCC Contractor the weekly and monthly meetings.
* Responsible for the engineering of all equipment/facilities included in the EPSCC work package.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation created by the EPSCC Contractor or its suppliers is reviewed and commented on by the relevant specialists within the appropriate time frame.
* Pro-actively manage the contract Scope of Work for EPSCC package.
* Pro-actively liaise with Technology, Drilling, Operations, Contractor, Sub-Contractors, Vendors and certifying agency teams on all aspects of the project.
* Identify and mitigate Project risks associated with the EPSCC Package.
* Liaise with WOS operations team and the Drilling team and actively contribute to the resolution of interfaces.
* Obtain validation of the detailed design for the EPSCC package.
* Provide assistance on engineering/technical aspects for mobilization of subsea equipment & tooling for offshore installation.
* Manage the preparation of the pre-commissioning and commissioning/start-up activities for the EPSCC package in conjuction with the WOS operations team and the Drilling team.
* Prepare/support handover to WoS Field Operations / Commissioning team.
* Ensure that the EPSCC package is carried out in line with current UK regulations.
* Review SURF mobilization and installation procedures and installation analyses pertaining to the EPSCC package
* Company’s EPSCC representative at EPSCC contractor offices, fabrication facilities, mobilization ports and offshore vessels
* Travel as necessary to EPSCC contractor sites across Scotland, in Norway and potentially Houston
* Assist as required in final manufacture, assembly and testing of spare project XT system
* Able to go offshore as a Client Rep / Technical Rep (in possession of BOSIET)
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Subsea Engineer, based in Aberdeen. This is a project position and the duration of the project is expected to be 2 years.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
* Project management experience (planning, cost control, contracting).
* Significant experience overall with successful experience as a senior or lead subsea package/project engineer or similar.
* Experience with EPC contracts
* Some knowledge / experience of HIPPS systems would be highly beneficial
* Knowledge of the Group (i.e. expatriate or company employee).
* Fluent in English.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.