Title: German Translator (EN>DE)
Role: Remote, 5 days per week
Hours: Monday – Friday circa 09:00-18:00
Contract: Two-month probation contract, if passed, the contract will be extended
Purpose of Job
PTW is currently recruiting a number of studio-based German Translators for our global Translation operation. We're looking for candidates with advanced language skills and in-depth cultural knowledge of German.
You will be responsible for the correct translation of video game content and other associated text into German from English. You will work following product-specific guidelines to ensure the maximum linguist quality and adherence to all relevant conventions. You will be working as part of a team to produce high-quality translations, either translating yourself or reviewing documentation.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
* General translation activities including, but not limited to:
* Creating characterisation documents, glossaries, and style guides following pre-defined guidelines from the client.
* Conduct translation and revision work following provided guidelines and instructions, including First Party terminology.
* Conduct revision work following provided guidelines and instructions, including First Party terminology.
* Ensuring that all work conducted meets the outlined deadlines and industry-standard productivity figures.
* Providing linguistic feedback for work carried out externally.
* Working as part of a larger team of Translators or revisers.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills (preferred)
* Must have the Right to Work in the UK
* Fluency in German and English, particularly reading & writing.
* Strong understanding of the German culture.
* Experience within the translation industry or working professionally as a Translator.
* Excellent knowledge of business software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, memoQ, Plunet).
* Be proactive with clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
* Good organisation and problem-solving skills and have a “can-do” attitude and positive thinking.
* The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and stay focused.
* Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
* Sound research and translation judgment skills, and have self-motivation, adaptability, and professionalism.
* If you are a British Citizen, you will be required to provide your physical passport as part of a RTW check
* Translation or language-related BA studies or equivalent (advantageous).
* We will consider candidates who have ideally 2 years professional working language expertise/experience.
What we offer
* You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
* Competitive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities and languages.
* A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
Who we are
PTW is a boutique games services company that provides custom solutions worldwide. We believe in accelerating innovation across the globe. We started more than 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to who we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are still gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1,500 titles across all genres and all platforms.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 16 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE, 1518, OR Esports, and Entalize. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. 1518 is know industry wide for world-class art and is also our in-house game and product development studio.
Basically, anywhere in the world, any platform, any genre, we can help come up with a custom solution to make games run better, get to market faster, and enhance the lives of more players.
In summary, we connect and bring fun to the world.
Welcome to PTW, Family of Brands
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.