Activus Recruitment have are seeking an experienced Fleet Mechanic to join our clients team in Cove, Aberdeen.
The successful candidtate will be Responsible for carrying out the safe and efficient repairs and maintenance of HGV and LGV's within workshops and off site environments.
1. Carry out the safe and efficient servicing, fault diagnostics, repairs and maintenance of HGV, LGV's, trailers and powder tankers within workshops and off site environments.
2. Ensure all works are carried out under cover of risk / COSHH assessments, method statements and permit to works.
3. Ensure all tools and equipment used for carrying out repairs and maintenance are checked, fit for purpose and certificated where necessary.
4. Prior to using any plant or equipment .e. forklifts, MEWP's, lifting ramps, lifting accessories etc ensure a daily check is carried out and the appropriate checksheet completed.
5. Report any plant and equipment defects to Site Manager / Fleet Manager.
6. Ensure the correct PPE is utilised at all times for any given task.
7. When working off site and in particular within quarry environments ensure you are given a site specific induction and are fully aware of the safety rules for that site.
8. Ensure workshops, stores and off site environments are kept in a tidy state at all times with all wastes disposed of in the correct manner.
9. Ensure job sheets, inspection reports, timesheets and all other department related documentation are completed accurately and handed in on time.
10. Ensure safe systems of work as laid down by Leiths Health and Safety Policy, IMS and Safety at Work Legislation are adhered to.
11. When informed attend meetings and training courses as directed by the Site Manager / Fleet Manager.
12. If and when required provide training and guidance to other members of staff.
13. Act as an ambassador for the company ensuring visitors, customers and staff are communicated in a polite and courteous manner.
Note: The main tasks listed above are not exhaustive.
You will be required to work in other locations as and when required.
You will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your grade as directed.
The role will be required to maintain and repair wide ranging fleet of vehicles, trailers and powder tankers. Since the role requires a great degree of independence, extensive experience in fault diagnosis and repairs as well as an ability to work on own initiative are essential.
The candidate must be able to display working experience of HGV inspections and MOT preparation while undertaking general repairs on various makes of HGV's, trailers and light commercials.
You will be comfortable in an engineering environment as the job is very hands on. You will be a team player who can also work alone in order to meet the demands of this busy fleet maintenance division.
A current UK driving licence is essential with C+E categories desirable.
Hourly Rate: around £15.50 per hour DOE
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week with overtime as required paid at enhanced rates
Holidays: 28 days per annum
Pension: Auto Enrolment scheme
If this role is of interest to you please send and up-to-date CV to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.