The client is currently recruiting for the position of Environmental Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide daily environmental support to Operations, Drilling and Wells, Project and Engineering and other functional teams.
* Initiate, lead and follow up environmental data systems and internal and external reporting. Reporting includes communication with the relevant authorities.
* Initiate, perform (if required) and follow-up relevant analyses, studies and development of relevant plans within the area of environment (e.g. risk analysis and impact assessments). This includes analyses relevant for oil pollution emergency plans.
* Proactively work to identify and drive implementation of improvements (e.g. emissions reduction plans) and liaise with the HSEQ dept., locally and corporately, to resolve.
* Contribute and participate in the development of processes, systems and methods to be used within the area of environmental management.
* Maintain management system documents and processes to ensure certification to ISO14001 and 50001 is maintained.
* Develop, oversee and actively participate in environmental audits, both internal and supporting external audits, including completion of regular offshore audits.
* Ensure appropriate selection and management of contractor companies, taking account of environmental considerations.
* Travel to offshore locations to conduct investigations, training, audits and accompany regulatory inspections as required.
* Communicate up-to-date environmental knowledge to the organization ensuring the appropriate application of this knowledge.
* Ensure all environmental incidents & near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action taken and lessons learned.
* Work to ensure timely close out of all relevant Synergi actions and ensure IMS documentation related to environmental work scopes is maintained up to date.
* Ensure that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and the requirements of GOIMS element 8 – Environmental Stewardship.
* Act as focal point for liaising with environmental regulatory bodies (BEIS, Environment Agency/SEPA).
* Represent the company at appropriate industry forums (e.g. Oil & Gas UK).
* Support the Emergency Response organisation by filling a role on the ER duty rota.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Possesses a relevant University degree (BSc required, MSc preferred).
* Relevant experience in Environmental management within the Oil & Gas industry (preferred). Consideration will be given to individuals with transferable environmental experience.
* Is an efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritise tasks, and deliver against deadlines.
* Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Ability to communicate highly specialist discipline guidance/advice to others in an understandable way.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.