Our Client is a major player in the underwater defence space. They are well-positioned to offer talented candidates a rewarding new challenge and a great career in the longer term. To this end, they are looking to hire an Electrical Engineer
The successful candidate will become an imperative member of the Engineering Team delivering crucial engineering prowess to services and projects. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer will require the drive and motivation to deliver effective engineering solutions towards a diverse range of systems and capabilities.
To assist the engineering department with electrical orientated tasks and provide support to other departments, and clients, where necessary. Provide technical input into bid processes, perform design reviews, and produce a high standard of design drawings for products and projects.
*The principal accountabilities within the day to day of this role are:*
* Ability to lead and drive robust technical solutions to complex Electrical design issues.
* Identify Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RC&CA) for a wide range of technical issues.
* Deal with defect correction, process improvements and engineering changes.
* Maintain up-to-date communications / information exchange with overseas divisions.
* Responsible for generating, updating, maintaining, and controlling Electrical Engineering technical documentation.
* Ensure that project related documentation is complete, accurate and up to date.
* Support Continuous Improvement (CI)
* Development of and adherence to process, in accordance with Quality Assurance (QA) department and Business Management Systems (BMS).
* Produce and collate technical reports and aid in decision making based upon their results.
* Produce designs and concepts for analysis, presentations, and project discussions.
* Undertake specialist analysis and calculation work to verify integrity of designs.
* Participate in project design reviews and undertake technical reviews of proposals identifying design costs and realistic lead-times for design activities.
* Provide design instructions to enable creation of engineering drawings and other document deliverables.
* Assist in the assembly and testing of prototype equipment prior to releasing for final engineering work.
Overseas travel may be required on occasion to project locations as they arise for the purpose of overseeing commissioning, trials and work packages, as organised by the Engineering Team. Also, travel to suppliers and contractors will be required to manage communicate and present project specifics.
You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal, and the ability to work as part of a team but also in isolation when required.
Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are a must in order to effectively identify and communicate critical tasks and key risks.
* The successful candidate must be at ease dealing directly with customers, suppliers, and contractors.
* Be methodical and thorough whilst generating and checking drawings.
* Be flexible with the ability to adapt to changing scope or client demands and have the willingness to take ownership and accountability of tasks and drive to completion.
* Be capable of reacting to changes and willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products.
* Ensure that you remain focused on delivering cost efficient solutions on time and on budget.
* Have the ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction and manage own and specified timescales effectively.
*Knowledge, Skills & Experience:*
* Be able to obtain UK Government Security Clearance.
* MEng, BEng (Hons) degree, or relevant industry experience.
* Electrical design experience, particularly DC systems.
* Analogue and digital design (signal conditioning, filter design and digital interfaces, etc.)
* Design and commissioning of HV and LV electrical systems and associated calculations.
* Design of power distribution systems.
* Responsible for updating, maintaining, and controlling Electrical Engineering technical documentation.
* Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures (Lloyds, DNV, British and Australian wiring standards)
* Selection of cables, connectors, and penetrators.
* AutoCAD (Electrical) to produce GA, interconnection drawings and BOMs.
* Focused on delivering to tight deadlines and changing requirements.
* Capable of reacting to changes and willing to encourage delivery.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
You will need the ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction manage own timescales and specified timescales effectively, along with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks within budgeted times.
You will need to be flexible for travel to local or overseas sites if required.
*Expect to be in the office 5 days a week initially while you familiarise yourself with the role and the company, thereafter flexible working is available where appropriate.*
Would include knowledge of PLC design and integration EMI / EMC, along with 3D Modelling and panel assembly experience.
*Also, knowledge and experience of electrical systems operated in the underwater domain, therefore a subsea/offshore/defence engineering background is preferable.*
In addition, experience of commercially sensitive projects and the security aspects this necessitates would be a distinct advantage.
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader on a permanent basis working on exciting projects.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
* Company pension
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee discount
* On-site parking
* Referral programme
* Sick pay
* Wellness programme
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Aberdeen: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Be able to obtain UK Government Security Clearance
* Bachelor’s (preferred)
* Analogue and digital design: 2 years (required)
* DC System Design: 1 year (required)
* Electrical Engineering: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.